The Lake City Skiers Water Ski Show Team™
Celebrating Our 31st Year of Providing Fun Family Entertainment
Lake City Skiers Water Ski Show Team Membership Information
Lake City Skiers 2018 Dues and Requirements
Individual Membership Fee $75.00
Family Membership Fee $200.00
Skiing listed below starts at approximately 5:30 PM.
The Show Director determines time of arrival. Skiing begins in May and ends in September.
Off-season practices are also held, usually once a week.
Many of our members have water skied professionally within the US and across the world but is not a prerequisite. Beginners are welcome.
There is no age limit to become a member. Those members under the age of 14 must have a parent or guardian present for all club activities.
Dues must be paid before being allowed to ski.
“Grants” available and must be approved by a vote of the board.
Definition of “Qualifying Family Members” – Dependent on your tax return = family
Not on your tax return as a dependent, doesn’t qualify for Family Membership
*All members are required to have a valid USAWS Membership
Active (25 and Older) $ 80.00
Under 25 Active $50.00
Family Active (up to 6) $175.00
Head of household and up to four additional family members (spouse/dependent children age 17 & under) who reside at the same address.
(may differ for non-skiing support members)
- Attend shows (2 a week)
- Attend practices (1-2 a week)
- Attend tournaments (3 a year)
- Help set up equipment for shows & practices
- Help put away equipment after shows & practices
- Learn new things even how to ski (during “open” ski time only)
- Positive attitude
- Serve on a committee (A minimum of 15 hours of service)
- “Earn” a skiing position in the show (no one is guaranteed a place in the show)
- Help at all shows, even if you are not yet skiing in the show
A typical week for an LCS member:
- Monday – Show act practice
- Tuesday – Home Show
- Wednesday – Show act practice
- Sunday – Home Show
Support personal are always needed.
- family activity
- expertise from members to learn new skills
- new friends across the US
- use of club equipment including: boats to ski behind
- *Driven by our drivers only
- gas for those boats
- costumes to be worn during shows only
- skis (except swivel & jump)
- harnesses for doubles and trios
- jump ramp
If you have any other questions or want to join, please contact the team via the Join button below.
Be sure to include some information about your skiing abilities so we can answer your questions appropriately.
Thank you for interest in joining the Lake City Skiers Water Ski Show Team!